BLT QUINOA SALAD
- PREP TIME 15 MIN
- TOTAL TIME 2 HRS
- SERVINGS 8
1 cup quinoa
2 cups vegetable stock
1/2 English cucumber, cut into ¼ inch dice
1 small red onion, cut into ¼ inch dice
1/3 cup parsley, chopped
2-3 Roma tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch dice
12 oz. Sugardale PreCooked Bacon Pieces (code 0786)
½ cup of feta cheese
1/4 cup olive oil
1/8 cup of red wine vinegar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1. Crisp bacon pieces in microwave or on baking sheet in oven. Set aside to
2. Bring 2 cups of vegetable stock and quinoa to a boil then reduce to a
simmer and cover for 10-12 minutes. The quinoa should soak up any
3. Remove from the stove and spread onto a baking sheet in a thin even
layer, place into the refrigerator to cool, approximately 45 minutes.
4. Add the remaining salad ingredients (through feta cheese).
5. Whisk vinaigrette ingredients until combined and add to salad. Mix well
and refrigerate at least 45 minutes for fl avors to combine.
contact a sales professional